Instructors and GSIs Get Started with Gradescope
Berkeley has a site license for access to Gradescope. All features and functionality are freely available to instructors.
To get started:
- Login to Gradescope using your CalNet to create your instructor account
- Add the Gradescope link to the course navigation in your bCourses site
- Click the new Gradescope menu item to Create Your Gradescope course (or link to a course you've already created)
- Sync your Gradescope course to the bCourses roster
- Create a bCourses assignment to add an item to the gradebook
- Set submission type as "External Tool", then click "Find" and select "Gradescope". Set a point value, then Save (and publish)
- The page will re-load with Gradescope embedded where you can Create your Gradescope assignments
- Link your Gradescope assignment to the bCourses assignment/gradebook (follow instructions for "LTI 1.0 + API")
- When you have completed grading in Gradescope, you can sync your scores to the bCourses gradebook and/or publish grades on Gradescope.
- Refer to these support articles or this video for additional details