DLS Core Template Getting Started
The DLS Core Template was developed by Digital Learning Services using bCourses' built-in course construction and management tools including Pages, Modules, Discussions, Assignments, and Quizzes. It offers a consistent organization founded in best practices in online pedagogy that ensures students can easily access materials and engage with your course without the need to learn any additional tools.
To access the DLS Core Template, import it from Canvas Commons into your course site. The following resource walks through the steps.
Once you have imported the DLS Core Template into your course site, review the resources provided by DLS to learn more about how to use it with your course materials.
Note that the resources show how to edit the DLS Core Template using the New Rich Content Editor. This will automatically be enabled across bCourses in January 2021.
- Import Content From a Previous Course
- Add Your Syllabus
- Edit the Homepage
- Edit Weekly Landing Pages
- Update the Homepage Navigation Bar
- Add Lectures to Weekly Landing Pages
- Add Reading Assignments to Weekly Landing Pages
- Include Knowledge Checks and Formative Assessments
- Engage Students Through Discussion
- Include Beginning of the Course and Mid-Semester Surveys
- Organize Your Materials in Your Course Site Using Modules