Ed Discussion is a next-gen class Q&A platform that helps scale class communication in a beautiful and intuitive interface, and can be accessed through seamless integration with bCourses or used standalone. Ed believes student privacy is paramount and does not share data with third parties, has no advertising, and no annoyances.
In this virtual workshop, an Ed Discussion expert will provide an overview of supported features, including customizable thread categories and subcategories, anonymous posting, private posts among instructors and TAs, image annotation, LaTeX equations, code execution for multiple computer programming languages, and more.
Ed Discussion helps facilitate synchronous and asynchronous online discussions and offers several key benefits, including:
- Less direct emails sent to staff
- Fewer duplicate questions asked
- Students often answer each other's questions
- Questions can reach and benefit the whole class
- Students appreciate the modern user interface and excellent usability
- Higher quality questions and less back and forth with thread templates
- Easier to express ideas with equations, runnable code, annotations, and more