Updated Zoom Integration to be Released August 15th, 2020
As many Fall 2020 courses will utilize synchronous online instruction via the Zoom video conferencing platform, we are happy to announce the availability of a new Zoom integration for bCourses, which will be enabled on August 15th. This new integration will replace the existing integration, which will be removed at the same time.
Features of the New Integration
If you’ve used the previous integration, you will see all of the same ability to schedule meetings from within bCourses that immediately appear on the course calendar. In addition, the new Zoom integration is visible to students (the previous integration was only visible to instructors). In addition to joining class meetings from the course calendar, students can now join them from the Zoom item in the course navigation menu.
The Zoom integration will only display meetings scheduled for the course via the integration (or manually imported). To see all of your meetings, log in to berkeley.zoom.us(link is external)
How to Enable and Use the New Zoom Integration
- Navigate to your course site's Settings page, and select the Navigation tab
- Find Zoom in the list, and click on the three vertical dot menu to enable the integration
- Click save at the bottom of the page, and then click on the new Zoom menu item in the lefthand course menu
- From here, instructors can schedule new course meetings, and both students and instructors can find and join meetings
To import previously-scheduled Zoom Meetings
If you already added the old Zoom integration to your course site, you will need to re-add Zoom to your course navigation following the steps above.
If you already scheduled meetings using the old integration, these meetings can be imported into the new integration. To import meetings:
- Log in to berkeley.zoom.us
- Find the class meetings you scheduled, and copy the meeting ID
- Navigate to the Zoom integration in your course site, and select the three vertical dot menu in the top-right corner
- Select "Import Meeting" and paste the meeting ID
For More Information
For more information, see our bCourses Zoom Integration knowledge base article(link is external).
Send any questions to: email@example.com